Thursday, January 26, 2012

Iris and the Dragonflies Book Review







I love having the chance to sit down and read. I don't usually have to much time to sit down and read a book with two children. I had to wait til my kids were taking a nap or going to bed to get to read the book Iris and the Dragonflies. Rosemary Danielis is the author of this wonderful book. I was hooked on this book as soon as i started reading it. This is a great fantasy novel for children.

Iris is an 11 year old girl who talks to dragonflies. She would rather be down by the creek then anywhere else. Over the summer Iris goes to Ireland with her family and meets her grandmother for the very first time. This is where she discovers of her special ability. Iris discovers a castle while in Ireland and finds a small box with a dragons tooth in it.

She returns home to Canada and discovers much more. I don't want to say anything else because i would love for you all to read this book. This book is targeted toward middle schoolers, but i think anyone would enjoy this book. I'm in my twenties and i loved it! When my children are old enough to read i will make sure to have them read this book.

Make sure to check out the website  here. You can also find them on facebook here.


(This review is 100% my own. I was provided with the book to review)

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Kathy, thank you for this awesome review!

Kathy said...

Your welcome. I really loved the book and i hope others will check it out!